|Welcome From Finham Park Multi Academy Trust
Thank you for your interest in Finham Park 2 School, part of Finham Park Multi Academy Trust. Our ambition is for all schools in our Trust to provide a “World Class” education for their young people – providing them with the time of their lives and ensuring that they all make strong contributions to the communities and societies they live in – locally, nationally and globally. On their way to becoming “World Class”, each school will be described as 'Outstanding' by Ofsted.
Our education will aim to exceed the highest national and international benchmarks for academic achievement, whilst ensuring young people develop a passion for learning in all its contexts. I hope you enjoy reading our prospectus.
School Email Encryption
Under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Law all personal data must be secure. As such all emails sent to addresses out side Finham Park Multi Academy Trust will now be encrypted.
For help decrypting the emails please follow the instructions provided below.
Finham Park 2 has a collaborative approach working closely with primary and secondary schools to ensure the best education for all of our students.
The school has its own Board of Governors which will be accountable to the Academy Trust which will oversee Finham Park 2 as well as Finham Park School.
We aim to provide another outstanding secondary school for parents and children in Coventry with the highest expectations.
Finham Park 2 is a mainstream, non-selective, comprehensive school for students aged 11-18. The new academy is built on traditional values. Pivotal to this is a positive ethos and culture of learning and success for all students. We pay particular regard to outstanding achievement for all students whatever their academic starting point and a commitment to lifelong learning for all stakeholders.
We offer a broad and balanced curriculum which will allow students to successfully work towards GCSE and A level qualifications. We have the highest expectations in terms of academic standards, a business-like approach in the way that students present themselves in terms of school uniform, being in school every day and on time.
We provide students with a safe and secure environment in which to learn and develop a team ethos from day one. The development of student leadership roles is key to developing young people who are confident, articulate and have a willingness to embrace new challenges.
Finham Park 2 is a place in which parents, governors and the local community are valued partners working alongside the school- they all have a role in contributing to and supporting the culture and ethos of the school.
Finham Park 2 embraces innovation and change, constantly evaluating all our work so that it meets the needs of our students. Our goal is to become a ‘world class’ academy; a place where all students develop a love for ‘Learning for Life’.
Finham Park School is a high achieving academy with an outstanding Ofsted inspection, the highest national outcomes at both GCSE and A level with a thriving sixth form. Students are part of a learning community that leads to both high outcomes in academic examinations and in personal qualities. Pride, Respect and Responsibility are encouraged and leadership and teamwork highly valued. Finham Park School is the basis for Finham Park 2.
- Academic curriculum to include Mandarin Chinese and Computing
- Personalised pathways for options to ensure the best possible outcomes with a 2 year KS3 and 3 year GCSE curriculum, with high levels of students achieving the Ebacc
- Outstanding advice and guidance will be given through all transitions.
- Wide and varied enrichment programme to engender love of learning and a broad experience.
- The Sixth Form will offer suitable qualifications that will prepare students better for University, work or further training.
- 'High value' vocational pathways to support entry to apprenticeships
- Strong links with local primary schools to develop a transition curriculum from key stage 2 to 3 to ensure stretch and challenge for most able and intense catch-up and support for least able
Teaching and Learning
- Teachers will be offered high-quality professional development as part of Finham Park School’s training programme.
- Teaching will be personalised with support, stretch and challenge evident in all lessons; gifted and talented students will be pushed to achieve their very best from the first day in school
- Planning will be rigorous and build on regular assessments
- Students will have opportunities to lead learning as well as give honest feedback about their learning.
- When appropriate, students will use new technologies such as iPads, smart phones/ iPods, social media and cloud storage to support their learning.
- Our virtual learning environment will support 24 hour learning for all students and ensure parents are kept up to date with their children’s learning and progress
- Teaching Assistants will support the learning of specific students as well as their teachers to ensure students can work independently and lessons are properly differentiated.
At Finham Park 2 we consistently strive to inspire through the delivery of a "world class" education - success for all our learners. This school will be a beacon of excellence for our community where everyone feels safe, valued, included and proud. We aim to nurture every learner's natural curiosity - providing them with life enriching opportunities to develop socially, academically and morally.
We value honesty, teamwork and leadership; enjoyment, excitement and challenge are key features of life at Finham Park 2. We want our learners to develop confidence, resilience, respect for others and a life-long love of learning, making them valued members of the Coventry community and contributors to both national and international stages.
- High attaining ethos both in educational outcomes and examinations
- Highest expectations of effort, behaviour, attendance, parental support and dress
- Mathematics and Computing Specialism to support local and national economy and jobs
- 11-18, Co-educational
- Students can join year 12 from September 2020
- 4 forms of entry (120 students)
- Location – Torrington Avenue CV4 9WT
- Built around the core values of Pride, Respect and Responsibility
- Personal mentoring with a vertical college system. (students are grouped into mixed age colleges- Northgate, Eastgate, Southgate and Westgate not in year groups 7-11).
Mentor groups (tutor groups) are made up of students from each year group. This leads to better relationships between students of all year groups and a more cohesive school community.
- Student leadership as a backbone to high engagement and achievement
- Student voice will be a key feature of the school through the innovative ‘Baraza’ model
- Praise culture with clear boundaries and consistently applied sanctions