Student Password Reset Request Form
Your new password will be emailed to your parents email address.
Frog Parent Support Page
we are pleased to be able to inform you that you have access to our Frog Learning Platform. Unlike our school’s website, the information on Frog is personalised to you and your Children. Frog will run on your computer, tablet or smartphone and also comes with a free app called ‘My Frog’ - available from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Student help - how to login to Frog, Google Classroom and email
|Welcome From Finham Park Multi Academy Trust
Thank you for your interest in Finham Park 2 School, part of Finham Park Multi Academy Trust. Our ambition is for all schools in our Trust to provide a “World Class” education for their young people – providing them with the time of their lives and ensuring that they all make strong contributions to the communities and societies they live in – locally, nationally and globally. On their way to becoming “World Class”, each school will be described as 'Outstanding' by Ofsted.
Our education will aim to exceed the highest national and international benchmarks for academic achievement, whilst ensuring young people develop a passion for learning in all its contexts.
Covid-19 School Updates
BBC Own It
BBC Own It gives helpful advice on e-safety and some of the issues you might find when communicating with friends online and on your phone. There are lots of helpful videos on topics from bullying to vlogging and even some about taking care of your mental health in the lockdown.
We aim to provide another outstanding secondary school for parents and children in Coventry with the ‘world class’ aspirations and the highest expectations. Finham Park 2 is a non-selective, comprehensive school for students aged 11-18. The school is built on the traditional values of PRIDE, RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY. Pivotal to this is a positive ethos and culture of learning and success for all students. We pay particular regard to outstanding achievement for all students whatever their academic starting point and a commitment to lifelong learning for all stakeholders.
We offer a broad and balanced curriculum which will allow students to successfully work towards GCSE and A level qualifications. We have the highest expectations in terms of academic standards, a business-like approach in the way that students present themselves in terms of school uniform, being in school every day and on time. We provide students with a safe and secure environment in which to learn and develop a team ethos from day one. The development of student leadership roles is key to developing young people who are confident, articulate and have a willingness to embrace new challenges. Finham Park 2 is a place in which parents, governors and the local community are valued partners working alongside the school- they all have a role in contributing to and supporting the culture and ethos of the school. Finham Park School is a high achieving academy with an outstanding Ofsted inspection, excellent outcomes at both GCSE and A level and a thriving sixth form. Students are part of a learning community that leads to both high academic outcomes as well as valued personal qualities. Finham Park School is the basis for Finham Park 2.
- Academic curriculum including Mandarin Chinese, Computing & Separate Sciences.
- Personalised pathways for options to ensure the best possible outcomes over a 5 year curriculum, with high levels of students achieving the Ebacc.
- Excellent advice and guidance will be given through all transitions.
- Wide and varied enrichment programme to engender love of learning and a broad experience.
- Academic Sixth Form offering A levels and appropriate vocational qualifications to prepare students for University, work or further training.
- Strong links with local primary schools to develop a transition curriculum from year 6 to year 7 to ensure stretch and challenge for most able and intense catch-up and/ or support for the least able
Teaching and Learning
- Teachers are fully involved in high quality professional development both in school and as part of The Lion Alliance Teaching School, as part of Finham Park Multi-Academy Trust.
- Teaching is personalised with support, stretch and challenge evident in all lessons; high attaining students will be pushed to achieve their very best from the first day in school
- Planning will be rigorous and build upon regular assessments
- When appropriate, students will use new technologies such as iPads, smart phones, social media and cloud storage to support their learning.
- Our virtual learning environment will support 24 hour learning for all students and ensure parents are kept up to date with their children’s learning and progress
- Teaching Assistants will support the learning of specific students as well as their teachers to ensure students can work independently and lessons are properly differentiated.
At Finham Park 2 we consistently strive to inspire through the delivery of a "world class" education - success for all our learners. This school will be a beacon of excellence for our community where everyone feels safe, valued, included and proud. We aim to nurture every learner's natural curiosity - providing them with life enriching opportunities to develop socially, academically and morally.
Our core values of PRIDE, RESPECT & RESPONSIBILITY help our learners to develop confidence, resilience, respect for others and a life-long love of learning, making them valued members of the Coventry community and contributors to both national and international stages
- High attaining, positive, family ethos
- Highest expectations of effort, behaviour, attendance, parental support and dress
- Vertical College, academic mentoring system
- Excellent facilities and learning environment
- Wide range of ‘world class’ extra-curricular opportunities
- Creative subjects highly valued
- Mathematics and Computing Specialism to support local and national economy and jobs
- 11-18, Co-educational
- 6th Form to open September 2020
- 4 forms of entry (120 students)
- Location – Torrington Avenue CV4 9WT
- Built around the core values of PRIDE, RESPECT & RESPONSIBILITY
- Personal mentoring with a vertical college system. (students are grouped into mixed-age colleges- Northgate, Eastgate, Southgate and Westgate).
- Mentor groups (tutor groups) are made up of students from each year group. This leads to better relationships between students of all year groups and a more cohesive school community.
- Student leadership as a backbone to high engagement and achievement
- Student voice is a key feature of the school through the innovative ‘Baraza’ model
- Praise culture with clear boundaries and consistently applied sanctions